During the 2008 recession, With the help of my wife, I designed, produced and marketed a small line of tshits with the hopes of building a brand.

Though things didn’t quite work out as I planned, the project took me out my comfort zone and forced me to learn about every aspect of getting a line to market. We covered the costs of the project out of pocket and the sales generated enough revenue to recoup the production and marketing costs, provided for subsequent printings and of course, beer money at the venues we setup sales at.

None of my illustrations were more than 2 colors, minimizing tricky artwork registration and setup times. We worked with a local print shop to prepare our film output and screens were prepared, exposed, and reclaimed in our kitchen sink. Even though this project was executed on a small scale, I learned more from this project than probably any professional assignment I’ve undertaken.